Roastery Masterclass Live! roasters attend star-spangled event
Top head roasters from the UK and further afield met earlier this month at a star-spangled event hosted by the organisers of European Coffee, Tea and Soft Drinks Expo, together with Jamie Banwell, director of European Sales at Diedrich Roasters LLC.
The roasters were all hugely excited to be participating in Roastery Masterclass Live!, a brand new, world-first feature launching at the show in May this year.
Roasters, including Courtney Snowden, head roaster at Ozone Coffee Roasters, Elias Minkiewicz, head roaster at Nord Coffee, together with Jamie Boland and Luiza Fuquim owner and head roaster respectively from Ancoats Coffee.
Each discussed their unique perspective on the importance, complexity and skill involved in the roasting process. Their secrets will be revealed at the show as they live roast on site and provide exclusive insights into their particular techniques.
The evening also included a much-applauded demonstration from Banwell at Diedrich. Roasters at the show will be live roasting on the acclaimed 5kg Diedrich machine.
Banwell said of its participation in the show:“I was attracted by the ability to demo and do a masterclass and get the message about roasting across. I think the industry needs a light shone on that. We are excited and proud to be the partner in this.”
This must-attend Masterclass features:
- James Boatfield -Thorley, Roastery Manager, Allpress
- Jamie Boland, Owner; Luiza Furquim (Head Roaster) Ancoats Coffee Co
- Patrik Rolf Karlsson, Founder, April Coffee Copenhagen
- Sam Langdon, Head of Coffee, Caravan Coffee Roasters
- Jamie Strachan, Head of Coffee, Dark Arts Coffee
- Mike Steele, Head Roaster, 200 Degrees Coffee
- Roland Glew, Head Roaster, Has Bean Coffee
- Eliasz Minkiewicz, Development Manager, Nord Coffee
- Courtney Snowdon, Head Roaster, Ozone Coffee Roasters
- Rudy Huemer, Quality Manager, Union Hand-Roasted Coffee
- James Wogan, Green Buyer, Wogan Coffee
- David Middleton, Head Roaster, York Coffee Emporium
- Sponsors of Roastery Masterclass Live! include: Diedrich Roasters LLC, Machine sponsor; Olam Specialty Coffee, Green Bean sponsor; Brita, Water sponsor; Cropster, software sponsor.
- Olam Specialty Coffee is also exhibiting at European Coffee, Tea and Soft Drinks Expo on stand R15 where they will be hosting exciting cupping sessions.
- Brita is also hosting the Brita Lounge, stand A15 in addition to co-sponsoring the Barista Masterclass Live!.
- Cropster are also exhibiting on stand P5.
- For more information on European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo, contact Sukhvir Hayre on +44 (0) 203 668 9809 or email email@example.com and check out stand and sponsorship options.
- Visitor registration is now open for the European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo. For FREE fast-track entry click here.