Hotels triumph at National Afternoon Tea awards
Top hotels and restaurants were recognised in the National Afternoon Tea Awards 2018 - which celebrates the 'best places in London to enjoy a sumptuous' afternoon tea - at the Hotel Cafe Royal, London on July 24.
Five awards were presented:
- Best Traditional Afternoon Tea - Coworth Park
- Best Contemporary Afternoon Tea - Rosewood London
- Best Themed Afternoon Tea - Ampersand Hotel
- Best Children's Afternoon Tea - Fortnum & Mason
- Best Tea Service - The Langham, London
Among those highly commended was the Royal Lancaster London’s with its Signature Afternoon Tea, served in the hotel’s Hyde Bar from 2pm until 4.30pm, priced at £35 per person; £45 with a glass of Moët & Chandon Brut Champagne; and £50 with a glass of Moët & Chandon Impérial Rosé Champagne.
This year's awards, organised by AfternoonTea.co.uk, were also sponsored by Newby, the UK's premier fine tea company, and Lanson, champagne producers.