Line-up unveiled for Barista Masterclass and Roastery Masterclass Live!
The world’s top baristas and leading UK roasters will be showcasing in industry firsts at the European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo 2019.
Barista Masterclasses, hosted by the world’s top baristas, including the current champion Agnieszka Rojewska and Dan Fellows, the current World Coffee in Good Spirits Champion 2019, are set to entertain, educate and wow visitors at the show, which takes place at London’s Olympia on May 21-22.
Each Master Barista will host a 45-minute session on each day of the Expo, where they will demonstrate the fundamentals of coffee making, reveal the secrets behind their signature brews and amaze visitors with their skills and knowledge. The machine sponsor for the Barista Masterclass is Victoria Arduino.
The World Class Baristas are:
Agnieszka Rojewska, the World Barista Champion 2018 who also holds the titles of 2018 Polish Barista Champion, 2018 Polish Latte Art Champion, 2018 London Coffee Masters – Winner, 2017 New York Coffee Masters – Runner-up, and 2017 World Latte Art Championship – 3rd Place. She is also the owner of a coffee shop in Poland.
Dan Fellows, World Coffee in Good Spirits Champion 2019 UK Coffee in Good Spirits Champion 2018 & 2019 and UK Barista Champion 2016. He is also head of wholesale at Origin Coffee.
Jimmy Dimitrov, head of training & education, Clifton Coffee Roasters
Dale Harris, World Barista Champion 2017, Has Bean Coffee
Jaoa Almeida, Elan Group & Latte Art Bar, UK barista championship finalist & UK latte art championship finals
Sam Trevethyen, head of coffee & cocktails at Grind & Co, coffee mixologist and cocktail developer
Dhan Tamang, Coffee Lab, UK Latte Art Champion x 5, World Latte Art Champion 4th place 2016
Gareth Davies, Head of Coffee Excellence, UCC
Stacey Canning, Coffee Champion, Harris & Hoole
Jana Slamova, Baxter Storey, 2017, 2016, 2015 UK Barista Championship finalist, 3rd place in 2015 UK Barista Championship
In addition to showing off their excellent espressos and lovely latte art, they will also be demonstrating the secrets of success with filter coffee using either manual or batch brewing methods. At the end of the session, visitors will be invited to take part in a Q&A session.
Roastery Masterclass Live! will educate and inspire the coffee business community about the importance, complexity and great skill involved in roasting.The machine sponsor for the masterclass is Diedrich Roasters. The green bean sponsor is Olam specialty coffee Europe.
The roasteries showcasting at the event:
James Boatfield-Thorley, Roastery Manager, Allpress
Sam Langdon, Master Roaster, Caravan Coffee Roasters
Freda Yuan, Green Buyer, Caravan Coffee Roasters
Jamie Strachan, Head of Coffee, Dark Arts Coffee
Eliasz Minkiewicz, Head Roaster, Weanie Beans
James Wogan, Head Roasters, Wogan Coffee
Rudy Huemer, Quality Manager, Union Hand-Roasted Coffee
Courtney Snowdon, Head Roaster, Ozone Coffee Roasters
Roland Glew, Head Roaster, Has Bean Coffee
- Laura Harper-Hinton at Caravan, Josh Brown at Harris & Hoole, Jaoa Almeida at Elan, David Abramovitch at Grind & Co are members of the European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo's Steering Panel.
- Olam Specialty Coffee will be exhibiting on stand R15 at European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo on 21-22 May 2019.
- Wogan Coffee will be exhibiting on stand A20 at European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo on 21-22 May 2019
- UCC will be exhibiting on stand G20 at European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo on 21-22 May 2019
- To find out more about European Coffee Expo at London’s Olympia May 21-22, 2019 click here.
- For more information on European Coffee Expo, contact Sukhvir Hayre on +44 (0) 203 668 9809 or email email@example.com and check out stand and sponsorship options.