European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo to open with ground-breaking industry firsts
European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo is set to be the Beverage show of the year with a range of features designed to help and educate operators sell more coffee, tea and soft drinks.
There will be more than 150 exhibitors with over 300 brands at the show - many who are launching new products.
The free to attend main Conference Programme features high-level industry leaders tackling business-critical topics such as how to choose a roasting partner, bean to cup, how to grow your business while retaining integrity, how to retain staff through to learning from the mistakes of other operators.
The sessions will feature a range of leading lights of the sector including Scott Russell, founder & ceo, Paddy & Scott's; Adrian Campbell–Howard, founder and md, Society Café; Agnieszka Rojewska, World Barista Champion 2018; Raf Mlodzianowski, owner of Raf Makes; Craig Bunting, co-founder & marketing director, BEAR; Panagiotis Konstantinopoulos, director, Coffee Island and Jessica Worden, coffee manager, GAIL's Bakery.
The broader focus of the show this year will also see the issue of soft drinks being hotly debated with a session on how to create a profitable soft drinks beverage offering.
Sessions in the Tea Quarter will be handling the issues surrounding tea for operators. This will include sessions on sustainability, driving revenues through tea and food pairings through to how the industry can work together to create a sustainable industry.
The world’s top baristas and leading UK roasters will be showcasing in industry firsts at European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo 2019.
Barista Masterclasses, hosted by the world’s top baristas, including former champion Agnieszka Rojewska and Dan Fellows, the current World Coffee in Good Spirits Champion 2019, are set to entertain, educate and wow visitors at the show.
Each Master Barista will host a 45-minute session on each day of the Expo, where they will demonstrate the fundamentals of coffee making, reveal the secrets behind their signature brews and amaze visitors with their skills and knowledge.
In another industry first, European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo is running the Roastery Masterclass Live!, a brand new feature with live roasting on a Diedrich machine, and expert commentary for the 2019 show.
Roastery Masterclass Live! will educate and inspire the coffee business community about the importance, complexity and great skill involved in roasting. The Roastery Masterclasses, which include names such as James Boatfield-Thorley, Roastery Manager, Allpress and Courtney Snowdon, head roaster, Ozone Coffee Roasters, will be hosted by Stephen Leighton, managing director of Has Bean Coffee and Howard Barwick, European business development manager, Olam Specialty Coffee Europe.
- Speakers include Scott Russell, founder & ceo, Paddy & Scott's; Adrian Campbell–Howard, founder and md, Society Café, Maxime Herbaut, coffee and beverages manager, Eat; Jessica Worden, coffee manager, GAIL's Bakery; Sonia Louro Carvalho, head of hot beverage, Compass Group; Mark Hastings, director of restaurants’ Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park; Emilie Holmes, founder, Good and Proper Tea Joao Almeida, head of drinks & operations, Elan Group who are all are on the European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drink Expo steering panel.
- VA Machinery is the coffee machine and grinder sponsor of the Barista Masterclasses.
- Brita is also exhibiting on stand A15 in addition to co-sponsoring the Barista Masterclass.
- Lavazza is the official coffee sponsor for the Barista Masterclasses and will be exhibiting on stand D22 at European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo.
- Coffee Bay is the equipment supplier for the Barista Masterclasses and Roastery Masterclasses and will be exhibiting on stand F26
- Sponsors of Roastery Masterclass Live! include: Diedrich Roasters LLC, Machine sponsor; Olam Specialty Coffee, Green Bean sponsor; Brita, Water sponsor; Cropster, software sponsor; Coffee Bay, equipment sponsor
- Olam Specialty Coffee is also exhibiting at European Coffee, Tea and Soft Drinks Expo on stand R15 where they will be hosting exciting cupping sessions.
- Brita will be exhibiting on stand A15 in addition to co-sponsoring the Barista Masterclass Live!.
- Cropster is also exhibiting on stand P5.
- Stephen Leighton, founder of Coffee, will be co-hosting the Barista and Roastery Masterclasses
- Glebe Farm is the oat drink provider for the Barista and Roastery Masterclasses and will be exhibiting on stand B8
- Brades Farm is the milk provider for the Barista and Roastery Masterclasses and is exhibiting on stand D36.
- For more information on European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drink Expo, contact Sukhvir Hayre on +44 (0) 203 668 9809 or email sukhvir@europeancoffeeexpo.
- Visitor registration is now open for the European Coffee, Tea & Soft Drinks Expo. For FREE fast-track entry click here